**Positions available from 5 hours a week up to 30 hours a week. Can start now or in the summer*
Join one of the fastest growing fashion startups in Dallas! CuffedUp is an accessory company that focuses on all things cuffs. Our current product, the Cuff Roll, keeps sleeves rolled & cuffed.
We’re launching new accessories that are handmade entirely out of recycled fabrics. We are looking for students to help us conceptualize designs & produce our accessories.
This is a great opportunity to build credibility as a designer, boost your portfolio, learn the operations of a fashion business & have experience creating & launching real life products.
Benefits to you:
- Opportunity to give input and suggest ideas to improve current designs
- Opportunity to explore new designs & pitch them to the founders
- Learn the operations of a fashion business: executing production timeline, helping us source materials and produce items according to target margins.
- Have your designs listed for sale on our website featuring you as the creator!
What we’re looking for:
- who have excellent technical sewing skills, and are eager to be involved in our product development process
- Individuals who are excited to work in a startup environment. Most of your work will be producing the accessories according to our current template & working with the founders to come up with new designs based on market trends.
- Fast workers who are self- accountable: most of your work will be done on your own time/remote.
Technical skills needed:
- Expert in using a sewing machine & following templates
- Ability to work quickly
- Suggest production techniques for efficient manufacturing
- Graduate and undergraduate accepted
At CuffedUp, we care about two things:
- Making it easier for you to get ready and feel confident in your clothes
- Building a better, more sustainable world of fashion for the future
Since launching just over a year ago, CuffedUp has been sold in hundreds of stores, including at high fashion powerhouses like Stanley Korshak. We’ve been featured by Veronica Beard, Real Simple, RewardStyle, Good Morning Texas, & more. We’ve done collaborations with brands including J. Crew & Theory. We’re the youngest startup ever to work with the Harmon Brothers, the digital marketing masterminds behind Squatty Potty, Poo-Pourri, & Purple Mattress.
Hourly rates will be based on experience (graduate vs undergraduate). Ranges vary between $8.50-$13/hr. If you have an extensive commute to meet with us, we will cover a gas card for you.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume & why you’re passionate about working for a fast-paced startup. Include 3-5 pictures with brief descriptions of items you’ve designed and produced yourself. If we like what we see, we’ll set up a call and send instructions for a small test project (takes less than 1 hr!) to make sure your skills are the right fit.