The website located at CuffedUp.com (the “Site”) is owned and operated by CuffedUp, LLC, a Texas limited liability company (“CuffedUp,” “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”).
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information
- How we Disclose or Share Your Information
- Data Security and Retention
- International Transfer of Personal Data
- Choices for Your Personal Data
- Children Under the Age of 16
- California Privacy Rights
- Questions & Right to Access
- Third Parties. CuffedUp is not responsible for the privacy policies or other practices employed by websites linked to, or from, our Site nor the information or content contained therein, and we encourage you to read the privacy statements of any linked third party.
2. Personal Information We Collect
CuffedUp gathers a variety of information about our End Users, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data”). Personal Data refers to Order Information and Device Information;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the devices you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, place orders, or from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information That You Provide to Us
When you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase or sign up for email lists through the Site, we may collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” Billing information, however, is processed by third party service providers and the billing information is not stored on our systems.
We may also obtain information if you provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site or to third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”) including your participation by sending reviews.
Information Automatically Collected Through Your Use of the Site
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, internet protocol (“IP”) address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” Collecting this information helps us to improve our Site and allows us to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, to store information about your preferences, and to recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our online products and services by users, to compile reports on the activities within these online products and services and to provide us with further services associated with the use of these online products and services and the use of the internet. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Further information about how Google uses data when you use our Apps may be obtained from http://www.google.com/privacy.html.
- Facebook Pixel. CuffedUp uses the “visitor action pixels” from Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”) on our website. This allows End User behavior to be tracked after they have been redirected to the provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook ad. This enables us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. The data collected in this way is anonymous to us, i.e. we do not see the Personal Data of individual users. However, this data is stored and processed by Facebook, which is why we are informing you. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy which is available at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. You can allow Facebook and its partners to place ads on and off Facebook. A cookie may also be stored on your device for these purposes.
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Information Obtained from Third Parties
3. How We Use Your Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To offer and improve customer service (your information helps us to respond to your customer service requests and support needs more effectively)
- To process transactions
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send you administrative messages about the Site or services;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Site, violations of the Terms, and other illegal activities;
- To share testimonials or reviews that you may have posted to the Site or other CuffedUp owned social media pages;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use aggregated (anonymized) information about our visitors and users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
4. How we Disclose or Share Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers (including Shopify, Stripe, Apple Pay, and Zendesk), and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, including payment processors, storage contractors, and analytics contractors;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of CuffedUp, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
As described above, we use your Personal Data to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting these links:
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
The Site does not currently respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. To find out more about "Do Not Track," you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com/.
5. Data Security and Retention
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We have implemented industry standard technical and organizational measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Data. All information you provide to us is stored on third-party secured servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to the Site. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. In the event that there is a breach in the data that we hold, we shall notify of such breach via email to the email listed in connection with your customer profile.
6. International Transfer of Personal Data
7. Choices for Your Personal Data
You can request access to your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject like “Review My Customer Information.”
You may also send us an email to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete User Contributions from the Site, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users.
CuffedUp tolerates only permission-based email. In addition, users always have the opportunity to opt-out or change preferences via a link in the footer of all non-transactional email messages. These options are made available in email messages delivered from our company. Some communications, however, are considered transactional and are necessary for all CuffedUp users (e.g. important order notifications and billing information).
9. Children Under the Age of 16
Our Site are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or register on the Site, make any purchases, use any of the interactive or public comment features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at the email address listed below.
10. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to the email address listed below.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of our Site, California Business, and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an e-mail with a detailed description of the specific content or information to the email address listed below.
Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may opt-out of our disclosing Personal Data about them to third parties for their marketing purposes.
11. Questions and Right to Access
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail email@example.com or by mail using to 3131 Turtle Creek, Suite 800, Dallas, TX, 75219, United States.
Last modified: August 21, 2018